January/February 2017 Software Updates
Our goal is to make it easier for farmers to make more profit-focused and less emotional farm business decsions.
In addition, we are dedicated to continuously improving our farm management software.
Here is a list of improvements we’ve made so far in 2017. Watch the video below for an overview of these changes.
- Split planting seed on a field. You can now define your population and acres for different varieties of seed in the same field.
- Misc revenue on each field. You can now add misc revenue on a per field basis. Crop insurance indemnities are the best use case for this.
- Custom seed unit sizes. You can now select “custom” as your seed unit size and then specify how many seeds per custom unit.
- Editable yield on the P&L tab. You can now edit your yields on the P&L tab to conduct some custom “on-the-fly” analysis. These yields are simply multiplied by whatever is listed as your average cash price to calculate revenue.
- Sortable inputs. You can now sort input categories and that order will be shown on the P&L page. You can also sort individual inputs using “drag and drop” to make the Inputs page better organized for your farm. We also greatly increase the loading speed of this page.
- Third decimal point of precision. We added a third decimal point of precision to all of the price components of the app. This allows for more accruate contracts, input prices, and ultimately your farm’s P&L results.
- CSV downloads. Software is great but sometimes you need to do some custom calculations. Given that, we added .csv (spreadsheet) file downloads to the regular and field-by-field P&L tabs.
In addition to the improvements listed above, we continue to make smaller enhancements to make the software easier to use.
If you’re interested in trying out our profit-focused farm management software, click here for a 14-day free trial.
In this blog post, we discuss recent updates we've made to our farm management software product. We've recently made our farm management course accessible from the application and we've added the ability to track option contracts. We're excited to push out more features as we head into 2017.Read More »