33 Sources of Crop Cost of Production Data
Cost of production is an important metric for all farms (obviously). This is amplified by record high cost of production we’ve seen recently.
When conducting crop and farm profitability research, I often look at cost of production data from universities (and other sources) around the US and Canada. I wanted to hightlight the list of websites that I’ve visited to conduct corn, soybean, wheat, and specialty crop cost of production research.
If you’d like to start tracking your cost of production on a per crop, field, landlord and/or entity-basis, you can sign up for a free trial of Harvest Profit below.
See below for this list.
United States: Crop Cost of Production Guides
- Alabama Enterprise Budgets
- University of Arkansas Enterprise Farm Budgets
- University of California-Davis Current Cost and Return Guides
- Colorado State Crop Enterprise Budgets
- University of Florida Crop Budgets
- University of Idaho Crop Budgets
- University of Illinois Production Costs
- Iowa State University Costs & Returns
- Kansas State Projected Budgets
- University of Kentucky’s Budgets and Decision Tools
- Michigan State Cost of Production Budgets
- University of Minnesota Crop Budgets
- University of Minnesota Farm Financial Database (great resource!)
- Mississippi State Ag Economics Budgets
- University of Missouri Crop and Livestock Budgets
- Montana State Cost of Production Calculator
- University of Nebraska Crop Budgets
- North Dakota State University Crop Budgets
- North Carolina State Crop Budgets
- Ohio State Farm Management Enterprise Budgets
- Oklahoma State Enterprise Budgets
- Oregon State Crop Budgets
- Purdue Crop Costs Guide
- South Dakota State University Crop Budgets (link to spreadsheet)
- University of Tennessee Crop and Livestock Budgets
- Texas A&M Crop and Livestock Budgets
- Virginia Tech Crop Budgets and Decision Tools
- Washington State University Crop Enterprise Budgets
- University of Wisconsin Field Crop Enterprise Budgets
Canada: Crop Cost of Production Guides
- Alberta Production Economics
- Saskatchewan Production Ecomonics for Farm Businesses
- Manitoba Cost of Production Budgets
- Ontario Cost of Production Budgets
If you know of any additional cost of production budget or estimate resources that you find valuable, send me an email (nick at harvestprofit.com) and I’ll add them to this list.