Updated: 25+ Sources of Crop Cost of Production Data
Cost of production is an important metric for all farms (obviously).
When conducting crop and farm profitability research, I often look at cost of production data from universities (and other sources) around the US and Canada. I wanted to hightlight the list of websites that I’ve visited to conduct corn, soybean, wheat, and specialty crop cost of production research.
Sign up for a no-obigation free trial of our software below, if you’d like to start tracking your cost of production on a per crop, field, landlord and/or entity-basis.
See below for this list.
United States: Crop Cost of Production Guides
- Alabama Enterprise Budgets
- University of Arkansas Enterprise Farm Budgets
- University of California-Davis Current Cost and Return Guides
- Colorado State Crop Enterprise Budgets
- University of Illinois Production Costs
- Iowa State University Costs & Returns
- Kansas State Projected Budgets
- University of Kentucky’s Budgets and Decision Tools
- Michigan State Cost of Production Budgets
- University of Minnesota Crop Budgets
- University of Minnesota Farm Financial Database (great resource!)
- Mississippi State Ag Economics Budgets
- University of Missouri Crop and Livestock Budgets
- Montana State Cost of Production Calculator
- University of Nebraska Crop Budgets
- North Dakota State University Crop Budgets
- Ohio State Farm Management Enterprise Budgets
- Oklahoma State Enterprise Budgets
- Purdue Crop Costs Guide
- South Dakota State University Crop Budgets (link to spreadsheet)
- University of Tennessee Crop and Livestock Budgets
- Texas A&M Crop and Livestock Budgets
- Washington State University Crop Enterprise Budgets
- University of Wisconsin Field Crop Enterprise Budgets
Canada: Crop Cost of Production Guides
- Alberta Production Economics
- Saskatchewan Production Ecomonics for Farm Businesses
- Manitoba Cost of Production Budgets
- Ontario Cost of Production Budgets
If you know of any additional cost of production budget or estimate resources that you find valuable, send me an email (nick at harvestprofit.com) and I’ll add them to this list.